Award-winning film Bag It, a touching and often funny documentary about how we use and abuse plastic, is set to air nationally on public television during Earth Week starting April 17, 2011.
The film, by award-winning director Suzan Beraza, is an eye-opening look at the environmental and health dangers posed by the global use of disposable, non-biodegradable plastic products. Told with wit and humor, Bag It follows “everyman” Jeb Berrier as he embarks on a global tour to unravel the complexities of our plastic world. To learn more about the film, please visit http://www.bagitmovie.com.
Please view trailer…
Besides the PBS broadcast, Bag It is most likely also screening in a town near you during:
– Earth Month [April]
– Earth Week [4/16 – 4/22]
– Earth Day [4/22/11]
The combination of factors bringing it to the masses in April include:
Whole Foods Market® “Do Something Reel” Film Festival –
– Bag It is one of five feature-length documentaries screening in this month-long festival, which hits 70 cities across the U.S. – http://dosomethingreel.com
Broadcasting Nationally on Public Television –
– check local PBS stations for showtimes
Community Public Screenings –
– the filmmakers are also planning 100 public screenings nationally during Earth Week in communities across the country to inspire citizens nationwide to “bag” their single-use plastic habit
Finding Your City:
– the “Screenings” section of the Bag It web site is fabulously updated with the festival & community screenings (but not the PBS broadcasts yet)
– for an alphabetized list of additional cities/dates please jump to the bottom of this email
– feel free to email me – email@example.com – for the latest list of stations/air dates/times
See a LOT more below.
Lastly, on Earth Day…
– the director Suzan Beraza will be available in LA
– principal Jeb Berrier will be available in NYC
And on the day BEFORE Earth Day [4/21] join them both in a live Q&A webcast – 9:15pm (EDT)/6:15pm (PDT) – http://www.vokle.com/lineups/8709-bag-it