CALL FOR ENTRIES
Regular Deadline – Saturday, April 2, 2011
Please read the following submission requirements carefully before you complete the online entry form.
- Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2010
- All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- Films must be submitted on DVD or DVD PAL in (Region 0 or 1).
- Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the Festival.
- Preview DVD should be labeled with the title, running-time and contact email and phone number.
- Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image.
- All films selected for the Festival grant LA Shorts Fest the rights to use DVD and press materials from the film for promotional purposes.
- LA Shorts Fest is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for media educational use.
- You will have the opportunity to upload a trailer or clip of your film. All films selected for the Festival grant LA Shorts Fest the rights to upload a 2 min clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
- Though not a requirement, we prefer that films NOT screened in Los Angeles, Orange or Ventura County. Our selection committee will factor in previous screenings in the Los Angeles area when determining a films selection.
- Films must NOT have screened in a SHORTS film festival in Los Angeles.
- You may submit more than one film, but each one must be on a separate DVD and must be accompanied by its own completed submission form and entry fee.
- If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-address, stamped postcard which we will send back to you as your confirmation. The Festival will not confirm receipt of film by telephone.
Films must be postmark by the following deadline:
• Regular Deadline – April 2, 2011
• Final Deadline – May 14, 2011
Shorts under 30 minutes, for each entry:
• Regular Deadline: $49 for non-members, $39 for members
• Final Deadline: $59 for non-members, $49 for members
Long shorts 30 to 60 minutes, for each entry:
• Regular Deadline: $59 for non-members, $49 for members
• Final Deadline: $69 for non-members, $59 for members
- Checks or money orders made payable to: LA Shorts Fest
- Foreign entries paying with checks should be drawn in U.S. dollars. Only through a U.S. affiliated bank.
- We do NOT accept international money orders
- Write title of film on check or money order
- You have the option of paying with credit card online after you fill out and submit entry form.
- All fees are non-refundable
- Entries will not be viewed without entry fee payment
- Film selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
- The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
- The LA Shorts Fest cannot be held liable for print/tapes which may be lost or damaged.
*Winners considered for Academy Award nominations
The following awards will be presented:
- Best of Fest (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Foreign Film (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Drama (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Comedy (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Animation (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Experimental (Academy Qualifying)
- Best Documentary (Not recognize by Academy)
RETURN OF PREVIEW DVD:
* If you would like your DVD returned please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
* Entry fee (write title of film on check)
* DVD labeled with contact information (phone number and email)
* Include a print out of the confirmation email you receive (after you submit the online entry form) with your DVD entry
* If you would like to make sure that we received your submission, please enclose a self-address, stamped postcard which we will send back to you.
MAIL MATERIALS TO:
LA Shorts Fest
5419 Hollywood Blvd. Ste. C #207
Hollywood, CA 90027