Below you will find a list of my Top 10 narrative features of 2017, in alphabetical order. Where I have previously written reviews of a movie (whether for this site or elsewhere), the title of that movie is hyperlinked to my original review. In the case of one film, where I have not (yet) reviewed it, I have hyperlinked the title to the movie’s Rotten Tomatoes page.
- Beach Rats (Eliza Hittman) [link points to my review of films at the 2017 Maryland Film Festival; scroll down past the capsule reviews of documentaries to the #1 fiction film]
- The Divine Order (Petra Volle)
- Easy Living (Adam Keleman)
- Get Out (Jordan Peele)
- Graduation (Cristian Mungiu)
- Happy End (Michael Haneke)
- Lady Bird (Greta Gerwig)
- The Post (Steven Spielberg)
- The Square (Ruben Östlund)
- Their Finest (Lone Scherfig)
I have a longer list of movies I liked – including documentaries – on my personal blog. Enjoy!